Caribou County is Hiring for
Planning & Zoning Administrator
Application Due: Wednesday, July 17th by 4:30 PM
The purpose of this position is to perform administrative and clerical work of significant complexity and responsibility in supporting the operations of the Planning and Zoning (P&Z) function within Caribou County. The P&Z Administrator will review applications and issue zone certificates, change-of-use, simple variances and temporary permits. Examples of issues that fall under a zoning administrator's purview include signage, review of building permits to establish building rights, proper usage of land, planning and development within the County, interpretation and understanding of the County’s ordinances, comprehensive plan and other supporting resolutions. Responsible for implementation of the County’s code enforcement policy and laws. Prepare both oral and written presentations containing interpretations or clarifications of codes, applications and other matters. They may also advise or consult with citizens and or developers on how their proposals can be in compliance with the County’s code.
Additional duties include advising the Planning and Zoning Commission, County Commissioners and other County administrators on ordinances and long-term strategic planning. They maintain all related permit documentation.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Proficient skills with computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe PDFs, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficient in researching, problem solving and finding solutions.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Must be self-directed and have initiative.
- Willingness to learn, collaborate and build rapport with other County departments and other agencies.
- Ability to read and understand State and County Code and search for answers.
- Some GIS experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Planning, Zoning, and/or Community Development is preferred, but not required.
This is a full-time position and full-time training will be provide through the end of September 2022. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and PERSI retirement benefits. Pay is DOE. All other conditions can be negotiated in the interview.
The application to apply is available here and may be submitted in person or mailed to Caribou County Courthouse, 159 S Main St, Soda Springs, ID 83276 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions please call 208-547-1780 and ask for JoAnna.